2009 Sea-Doo RXT 255
- Length: 130" / 331 cm
- Width: 48" / 122 cm
- Height: 46.5" / 118 cm
- Weight (dry): 804 lbs / 365 kg
- Rider capacity: 3
- Fuel capacity: 15.9 US gal / 60 L
- Storage capacity: 29.6 US gal / 112 L
- Type: 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine
- Intake system: Supercharged with external intercooler 52mm throttle body
- Bore x stroke: 100 mm x 63.4 mm
- Displacement: 1,494 cc
- Compression ratio: 8.4:1
- Cooling: Closed-loop cooling system
- Fuel type: Premium unleaded recommended
Drive Unit Specifications
- Propulsion system: Sea-Doo® Direct Drive
- Racing pump with high performance intake grate: Aluminum, axial flow, single stage, large hub with 10-vane stator
- Transmission: Direct drive, forward/neutral/reverse and high performance electric VTS™ (Variable Trim System)
- Impeller: Stainless steel
- Ignition: Digital inductive
- Starter: Electric
- Battery: 12 V
Hull and Components
- Type: Modified-V, composite
- Color: Hyper Silver
- Modified-V, composite: Ensures a smooth and comfortable ride in a variety of conditions, and greater maneuverability.
- FRP construction: Strong, light and easy to maintain.
- Bow and stern eyes: Designed for towing or securing the craft to a trailer or dock.
- Carpeted footwells and reboarding deck pads: Offer extra comfort, non-skid surface and an aggressive diamond-plate pattern for additional traction.
- X-handlebars: Allows rider to fine tune positioning when launching off large waves.
- X-coloration seat: Ergonomically designed for comfort and great looks providing seating for three and spotter for watersports.
- Multifunction Digital Information Center: Reports 20 key operating functions: Fuel Level, Low Fuel Level, Low Voltage, Tachometer, Overheat, Hour Meter, Maintenance Info, Speedometer, Compass, VTS, Lake Temperature, Check Engine, Low Oil Pressure , Sensor Check, Hi Voltage , Key (battery protection), Key (wrong key), L-Key, P codes, VTS Preset.
- High performance electric Variable Trim System (VTS): Provides pre-set positions for quick settings when adjusting boat trim, maximizes acceleration and high-speed stability.
- Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™): Industry's first digitally encoded theft-deterrent system.
- Foam flotation: Ride with security and peace of mind. Meets or exceeds USCG standards.
- Off-Power Assisted Steering (O.P.A.S.™): Assists steering during off-power, as well as off-throttle situations.
- Ski eye: For easy and secure attachment of ski rope.
- Adjustable mirrors
- Reboarding platform
- Double density comfort hand grips
- Billet finger throttle with braided steel cable
- Floating safety lanyard
- Seat strap
- Grab handle
- Extra-large storage compartment(s)
- Glove compartment
- Extended range fuel tank (15.9 US gal)
- Elevated fuel filler
- Dual drain plugs
- External exhaust cooling flush attachment
- Operator's guide, instructional video and booklet
- Special GTX† Limited glove compartment with GPS
- Retractable ski pylon
- Wakeboard rack
- Depth finder
- Removable dry bag for front storage
- Removable front tray
- Cell Phone case inside storage tray
- Safety kit
- Mooring rope
- Sand bag (anchor)
- BRP limited warranty covers the watercraft for one year.
- Supercharged intercooled 1,494 cc four-stroke, Rotax SOHC with four valves per cylinder : 255 hp Supercharged Intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine provides reliable ultra-high performance in fresh or salt water, increased torque at low RPM, optimized power at all RPM levels and throttle positions.
- Multi-port fuel injection: Better control of exhaust emission and power at all RPM ranges to reduce emissions and reduce fuel consumption.
- Sea-Doo Learning Key™: LK1 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 35 mph. LK2 – Limits engine RPM and top speed to about 50 mph. Options are programmable by dealer.
- D-Sea-BeI™ system: Sound reduction system for a quieter ride.
- Water cooled exhaust pipe: Regulates exhaust temperature.
- Closed-loop cooling system: Ensures the proper operating temperature at all speeds and improves corrosion durability.
- Water/air separator: Provides maximum airflow to engine and reduces water intrusion.
- Watertight digital ignition: Provides optimal energy for a consistent spark, ensuring maximum performance.
- RPM limiter: Protects engine from over-revving.
- Warning device: Warns operator of engine and exhaust overheating, engine management and system failure.
- Handlebar-mounted start/stop button: Engine starts and stops with single, user-friendly control button.
- Tip Over Protection System (T.O.P.S.™): Protects engine in case of turn over.
- Sea-Doo Direct Drive propulsion system: Delivers optimum performance with the Rotax engine.
- Racing pump with high performance intake grate: Ensures that the inlet stays hooked up and fills the pump for maximum thrust even in the roughest conditions.
- Forward/neutral/reverse: Improves maneuverability especially around docks and trailer ramps.
- Aluminum stator vanes: Handle the high-performance engine without erosion.
- Replaceable urethane wear ring: Provides long impeller life, less maintenance and maximum thrust.
- Dual automatic vacuum siphon pumps: .Continuously removes water entering the engine compartment.
- Large diameter drive shaft with crowned spline design: Maintains engine and pump alignment at all operating speeds.
- Stainless steel impeller: Delivers improved acceleration, higher top speed and less cavitation.
- Engine Type
- 255 hp Rotax 4-TEC engine
- 1494 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 63.4 mm
- Closed-Loop Cooling System
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multi-Port Fuel Injection
- Digital Inductive
- Dry Weight
- 804 lbs. (365 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 15.9 gal (60 l)
- 46.5 in. (118 cm)
- 130 in. (331 cm)
- 48 in. (122 cm)
- Rider Capacity
- Storage Capacity
- 29.6 gal (112 l)
- Stainless Steel
- Aluminum Axial Flow, Single Stage
- Direct Drive, Forward/Neutral/Reverse
- Adjustable Mirrors
- Hull Type
- Modified V, Composit
- Hyper Silver
- BRP 1 Year Limited Warranty