2012 Honda GOLD WING PREM AUDIO
Call for Price
Stock Image: Candy Red - Gold Wing Airbag shown
Plan to go everywhere.
There's big news when it comes to the new 2012 Honda Gold Wing. Because we've taken what is the world's best touring motorcycle and made it even better. The new bodywork is the first thing you'll notice, complementing what is the best engine and chassis package the touring world has ever seen. Look a little further and you'll discover great new improvements to the audio system, and the Gold Wing's comfort, too. And there's new functionality, as well, like integrated iPod® connectivity.
If you thought the Gold Wing was the world's ultimate touring motorcycle, you were right. And if you think the new Gold Wing is even better, you're right again.
- New Styling: The Gold Wing's new design aims for a more integrated appearance, with a sporting edge and visual flow line linking the front to the rear, and a new, integrated taillight and saddlebag treatment. Other touches include redesigned front fascia and air intake, blacked-out headlight garnish, and new instrument panel fonts and design.
- Improved Ride Quality: New suspension settings are a part of the reason your new Gold Wing offers handling that can put many a sportbike to shame. Gold Wings have always offered the best overall handling of any touring machine, but these new settings really improve things when you decide to dial it up a notch.
- Clear-Coated Wheels: For 2012, our wheels are clear-coated from the factory for an improved appearance and easier cleaning.
- Improved Wind and Weather Protection: The 2012 Gold Wing's new layered-surface bodywork does more than just look great. We took the opportunity to fine-tune the rider and passenger environment. There's appreciably more wind and weather protection around your lower legs, so you'll experience less buffeting and warmer legs on those cool days.
- Enhanced Storage Capacity: When we redesigned the new Gold Wing's bodywork, we took the opportunity to increase the storage capacity in the saddlebags by seven liters, upping total capacity to over 150 liters including trunk and fairing pockets.
- iPod® Connectivity: Now you can connect a compatible Apple® iPod® player or other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files, and control them through the Gold Wing's audio controls. The connector is located in the lockable trunk, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
- Audio System with Surround Sound: Featuring a surround-sound system that's tuned exclusively for the Gold Wing. When using the speakers (SRS CS Auto*), the audio image is enhanced along with deep low tones, producing a powerful surround sound. When using the headsets (SRS Headphone**), you'll hear a three-dimensional sound field brimming with realistic sound. (SRS CS Auto* and SRS Headphone** are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc.)
- New Seat Cover and Urethane Seat Material: The best seat in the house just got better. Both the rider and passenger will feel the difference that our new urethane seat material makes. The waterproof cover also features a new, sportier, custom perforated look too. A day in the saddle never felt so good!
- Lockable Glovebox: Non-airbag models also get a new center-mounted lockable glove box for added convenience, boosting the cockpit area storage capacity to 2.8 liters.
- 1832cc Liquid-cooled, Fuel-injected Engine: The Gold Wing's fuel-injected, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is exceptionally smooth and incredibly powerful. This time-tested powerplant delivers plenty of useable power, using regular unleaded fuel. And to eliminate crankshaft-induced torque reaction at the chassis, the gearbox spins opposite the crank's rotation—an elegant solution, and a typical Gold Wing engineering touch.
- Pro-Arm Rear Swingarm: The Gold Wing's MotoGP-inspired single-sided cast-aluminum swingarm is super-rigid and lightweight, with reduced unsprung weight, delivering sharper, sportier handling. Its unique Pro-Arm design mates up with Honda's patented Pro-Link® rear suspension, featuring electronically adjustable hydraulic preload settings for various riding and load conditions.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Checking tire pressure can be a hassle—except when you're riding a Gold Wing with our Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). A pair of monitors keep track of both front and rear tire pressures, and the dashboard readout is updated once per minute. They'll send you an alert if either tire is significantly underinflated.
- Heated Grips/Seat: Heated grips, a heated rider's seat, and a heated passenger seat/backrest, all with individual rider and passenger controls. There's even a foot-warming system for cold mornings!
- Adjustable Windscreen: Our sturdy, ratcheting windscreen adjustment system provides six settings over nearly four inches of travel.
- Engine Type: 1832 cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 74 mm x 71 mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual full-floating 296 mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear Brake: Single ventilated 316 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 130/70R-18
- Rear Tire: 180/60R-16
- Rake: 29.15 degrees
- Trail: 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in.
- Seat Height: 29.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 904-933 lb., depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gal.
- Model Id: GL18HPM
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards.
- Available Colors: Candy Red, Pearl White, Ultra Blue Metallic, Black
- Three Years: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Horizontally opposed six-cylinder
- 1832 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74 mm x 71 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
- Front Suspension
- 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system, 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro Arm® single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single shock with computer-controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual full-floating 296 mm discs with CBS three-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single ventilated 316 mm disc with CBS three-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 66.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.1 in.
- 29.15 deg.
- 109 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
- Final Drive
- Candy Red, Pearl White, Ultra Blue Metallic, Black
- Three year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.