2014 KTM 350 SX-F
The 350 XC-F has taken Factory FMF/KTM rider Charlie Mullins to multiple National Enduro wins during the opening half of the 2013 season. His teammate Kailub Russell has matched his success on the 350cc machine with wins in both the GNCC and OMA 2013 series.
- Engine: The 350cc four-stroke engine, with state-of-the-art electronic fuel injection, provides a very broad useable rev range and distinguishes itself with dynamic yet strength-saving engine characteristics.
- Engine Management System (EMS): In combination with the revolutionary injector position as developed by KTM, the Keihin Engine Management System with electronic fuel injection and 44mm throttle body provides the engine with a spontaneous response and maximum performance. For 2014, the wire harness of the 350 XC-F has been further simplified and even higher quality wires and connectors are used. In order to protect them against pressure washers, many connectors are now enclosed in new rubber boots. With an optional map-select switch from the PowerParts program, EMS continues to allow selecting different engine characteristics. In addition, the optional User-Setting-Tool allows to readout engine data with a laptop and change the ignition and injection mappings with a few mouse clicks.
- Balancer Shaft: In order to balance the mass-forces, the 350 engine uses a multifunctional counter balance shaft which also drives the water pump and timing chain. The engine receives a new water pump cover with a new gasket in order to optimize the seal.
- Cylinder Head: The DOHC Cylinder head is distinguished by ports dimensioned for optimum gas flow that ensure a maximized cylinder charge. Ultra lightweight titanium valves and DLC-coated followers allow engine speeds up to 13,000 rpm, as well as ensuring a spontaneous power delivery as well as a high maximum power very close to a 450.
- Crankshaft: The 350’s crankshaft employs a plain big end bearing. Two force-fitted bearing shells run directly on the crank pin. The necessary oil feed for this bearing is ensured by the engine’ s pressure lubrication. This design is a major prerequisite for the high engine speed levels and the impressive maximum power of the 350cc engine. Another decisive customer benefit is the crankshaft service interval which could be lengthened due to the plain bearing.
- Exhaust System: The new 350 & 450 have an optimized silencer that achieves outstanding performance at low noise levels. In addition, hydro-formed sections and an additional resonator (Header Resonator System, HRS) provide the 250 and 350 models with extra torque while reducing their noise emissions.
- Starter: The 350 XC-F is fitted with an electric starter as standard – an undisputed advantage when it comes to crunch time in the heat of battle. In 2014, A newly developed freewheel assembly is used to increase durability.
- Fuel Tank: All models of the XC range have high capacity translucent fuel tanks for cross country racing. The XC's have a new 1/4 turn fuel cap with an improved opening mechanism to make fueling during a race even easier.
- Transmission: XC Semi-close ration 6-speed gearbox.
- Clutch: The highly compact CSS (coil spring steel) clutch uses a wear-free steel basket and eight clutch plates which are extremely heat resistant due to their steel carrier discs. The Brembo hydraulic system with its new master cylinder provides easy and precise modulation.
- Triple Clamps: The lower triple clamp has been modified for optimum attachment of the new front fender. Thanks to its new contour and attachment with two bolts from the front and two from below, the new fender boasts significantly higher stability.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum swingarm has been developed with state-of-the-art calculation and simulation software and constructed, in terms of design and wall thickness, for minimum weight with optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility. For the 2014 model year, our engineers have revised the chainguide for the benefit of higher functional reliability, while simultaneously reducing the weight.
- Suspension/Damping: For 2014, all XC models are fitted with a newly developed 48mm 4CS Closed Cartridge fork featuring the patented 4-Chamber-System. The sophisticated design provides very constant and sensitive damping characteristics and an adjustable end progression. The new hand click adjuster system is now accessible on top of the fork, rebound on the right hand side, compression on the left. The fork is fitted with improved seal rings made by SKF and high performance fork oil (SAE 4). Compared to the predecessor, the new 4CS fork is lighter , easier to maintain and has been completely valved to match the shock for XC racing.
- Brakes: High-Tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes. Combined with the lightweight Wave discs, they are the ultimate solution in braking technology. The SX/XC models gain a newly developed master cylinder with a new reservoir , a smaller piston diameter and optimized lever kinematics. Combined with new brake pads, this makes for another perceptible improvement of front brake performance and action. New master cylinder with new reservoir, new lever, optimized kinematics and smaller piston diameter (down from 10mm to 9mm); new colors on master cylinder and reservoir (sand blasted aluminum with black cap); new brake pads.
- Wheels: The wheels use lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end rims and spokes coated in black with lightweight aluminum nipples to achieve maximum stability at minimum weight. The OEM Dunlop Geomax MX51 tires deliver perfect traction and outstanding performance. XC models come with an 18" rear wheel and Giant rims.
- Frame: The state-of-the-art frame design made of lightweight, high-strength chromoly steel sections combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Seat: Ergonomically perfect, the seat has received an improved foam core, ensuring greater comfort and durability.
- Air Box: The airbox design offers maximum protection of the air filter against dirt while ensuring maximum airflow for top performance. The Twin Air filter can be changed without tools in seconds, a standard for KTM.
- Bodywork: In shaping the bodywork, the KTM designers’ ergonomic and design focus was to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest details. The front fender is a prime example of a molded polymer component gaining maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting. XC models come with hand guards and side stand
- Handlebar: All SX & XC models are fitted with the super strong, tapered Renthal Fatbar 827 whose bend is especially well suited to the requirements of racing. The proven standard KTM mount allows to fix the handlebar in four different positions. A large Renthal bar pad in a classy combination of black and silver, offers effective crash protection for the rider.
- Graphics: New, classy graphics with clear lines visually underscore the exacting standards of what KTM deems a true, cutting-edge bike.
- Design: 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³ (21.34 cu in.)
- Bore: 88 mm (3.46 in.)
- Stroke: 57.5 mm (2.264 in.)
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Gearbox: 6-gear, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Pressure circulation lubrication with two Eaton pumps
- Primary transmission: 24:73
- Secondary ratio: 13:50
- Cooling: Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Clutch: CSS Multidisc clutch in oil bath/hydraulically activated
- Ignition: Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Suspension travel Front: 300 mm (11.81 in.)
- Suspension travel Rear: 317 mm (12.48 in.)
- Brake system: Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 260 mm (10.24 in.)
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 220 mm (8.66 in.)
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1,495±10 mm (58.86±0.39 in.)
- Ground clearance, unloaded: 376 mm (14.8 in.)
- Seat height, unloaded: 992 mm (39.06 in.)
- Total fuel tank capacity, approx.: 9 L(2.4 US gal.) Super unleaded (ROZ 95/RON 95/PON 91)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 107.7 kg (237.4 lb.)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- 349.7 cm³ (21.34 cu in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.46 x 2.264 in. (88 x 57.5 mm)
- Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Front Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Dry Weight
- 237.4 lb. (107.7 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 US gal. (9 L)
- 58.86±0.39 in. (1,495±10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 14.8 in. (376 mm)
- Seat Height
- 39.06 in. (992 mm)
- 6-gear, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 5/8 x 1/4 in. Chain